The barite chemical composition is BaSO4, and the crystals are orthorhombic (orthorhombic) crystalline sulphate minerals. Often thick plate or columnar crystals, mostly dense block or plate, granular aggregates. Chemical stability, insoluble in water and hydrochloric acid, non-magnetic and toxic, pure colorless and transparent, with impurities when dyed a variety of colors, strip white, glass luster, transparent to translucent. Three groups of cleavage complete, the angle is equal to or near 90 °. Mohs hardness 3-3.5, specific gravity 4.0-4.6.
(1) drilling mud aggravating agent: in some wells, gas wells drilling, the general use of drilling mud, clay specific gravity of 25 or so, the specific gravity of water 1, so the lower the proportion of mud, and sometimes the weight of mud can not be with the underground oil, Balance, resulting in a blowout accident. In the case of high underground pressure, it is necessary to increase the proportion of mud, to the mud by adding barite powder is an effective measure to increase the proportion of mud. Drilling mud with barite generally fineness to reach more than 325 mesh, such as barite fineness is not enough easy to precipitate. Drilling mud with barite requires greater than 4.2, BaSO4 content of not less than 95%, soluble salts less than 1%.
(2) zinc barium white pigment: zinc barium white is a commonly used high-quality white pigment, can be used as paint, paint paint raw materials. (BaSO4, 70%, ZnS 30%) obtained by heating barium sulfate and reducing the amount of barium sulfate and zinc sulfide with barium sulfide (BaS) and then reacted with zinc sulfate (ZnSO4) White pigment. Preparation of zinc barium white barite requires BaSO4 content greater than 95%, and should not contain visible colored debris.
(3) Various barium compounds: barium oxide, barium carbonate, barium chloride, barium nitrate, barium sulfate, barium hydroxide and other chemical raw materials can be produced from barite. Chemically pure barium sulfate is the standard for measuring whiteness; barium carbonate is an important raw material for optical glass, which introduces BaO into the glass, thereby increasing the refractive index of the glass and improving other optical properties; used in ceramics to prepare glaze Barium chloride is an agricultural pesticide; barium nitrate for the fireworks and glass industry; barium permanganate is a green pigment.
(4) Barium for Filling Industry: In the paint industry, barite powder filler can increase the film thickness, strength and durability. Zinc barium white pigments are also used in the manufacture of white paint, the use of indoor use than white lead, magnesium has more advantages. Paint industry with barite requires sufficient fineness and higher whiteness. The paper industry, rubber and plastics industry also use barite as filler, this filler can improve the hardness of rubber and plastic, wear resistance and aging resistance. Rubber, papermaking barite packing generally requires BaSO4 greater than 98%, CaO less than 0.36%, not allowed to contain magnesium oxide, lead and other ingredients.
(5) Mineralizer for cement industry: The use of barite and fluorite composite mineralizer in cement production has obvious effect on promoting C3S formation and activation of C3S. The quality of clinker has been improved and the early strength of cement is about Can be increased by 20 ~ 25%, the latter strength increased by about 10%, clinker firing temperature from 1450 ℃ down to 1300 ± 50 ℃. When the barite content is 0.8 to 1.5%, the effect is the best. In the production of white cement, the use of barite, fluorite composite mineralizer, the firing temperature from 1500 ℃ down to 1400 ℃, free CaO content is low, strength and whiteness are improved. In the coal gangue as the raw material of cement raw materials by adding the right amount of barite, can make the clinker saturation ratio of low cement strength, especially the early strength has been greatly improved, which for the comprehensive utilization of coal gangue for the production Low calcium, energy saving, early strength and high strength cement provides a useful way.
(6) anti-ray cement, mortar and concrete: the use of barite with the absorption of X-ray properties, barite made of barite cement, barite mortar and barite concrete, instead of metal plate shielded nuclear reactor and Construction of scientific research, hospital anti-X-ray building. Barium cement is barite and clay as the main raw material, the sintered to barium silicate as the main mineral composition of clinker, coupled with the amount of gypsum, the common grinding from. The proportion of more than the average portland cement, up to 4.7 to 5.2. Strength label 325 ~ 425. As the barium cement than the major, with heavy aggregate (such as barite) prepared into a uniform, dense anti-X-ray concrete. Mortar is a large bulk density, the role of X-ray barrier mortar, the general requirements of the use of low hydration of silicic acid, do anti-ray mortar and concrete barite, BaSO4 content should not be less than 80%, which contains Of the gypsum, pyrite, sulfide and sulfate and other impurities shall not exceed 7%.
(7) Road construction: rubber and about 10% barite asphalt mixture has been successfully used in the parking lot, is a durable paving material. At present, heavy-duty road construction equipment tires have been partially filled with barite to increase the weight, which facilitates the compaction of the filling area.
(8) Other: barite and oil blending on the cloth after the manufacture of tarpaulins; barite powder used to refined kerosene; in the pharmaceutical industry to do digestive tract, contrast agent; also can be made pesticides, leather, fireworks and so on. In addition, barite is also used as the extraction of metal barium, for television and other vacuum tube getter, binder. Barium and other metals (aluminum, magnesium, lead, calcium) made of alloy for bearing manufacturing.
China's barite annual supply of 2500 ~ 30 million tons, all from domestic production. Domestic barite annual consumption of about 1200 to 13 million tons, of which for oil and gas exploration of 700 to 8 million tons, accounting for 60% of total consumption; for barium chemical products 400 to 500 million tons, accounting for about 30%; Other items with more than 100 million tons, accounting for about 10%. China is the world's largest exporter of barite. 90 years of barite and its annual export volume is generally 150 to 200 million tons. In 1996, the export volume of barite and barium salt was 2.028 million tons and the export value was US $ 121 million, including 1.16 million tons of barite and 198,000 tons of barium chemical products. The main export countries were the United States, the Netherlands, Japan and Korea. China imports a small amount of barite, only a small amount of imports of barium chemical products. China's large demand for barite, rapid growth. In the next few years, domestic demand has been expanding, the market prospects are limitless, in this shortage of industry, profit is self-evident.
Barite powder usually requires fineness requirements at 325 mesh -1800 mesh, for this fineness range, medium speed trapezium mill, ultra-fine powder mill and other new mill equipment, Shanghai ZENITH Mining Machinery Co., Ltd. The company is suitable for grinding barite main models, especially Shanghai ZENITH ultra-fine grinding, barite ore from 25 cm below the ore through the pipeline processing into 325 mesh -2500 powder, to ensure that the powder index International powder quality requirements.
Live chat with our professional customer service! Get the quotation list.Chat Now